30 January 2016

Week 261 Lucky Dip

As you are no doubt aware, our sponsor this month is Kylie from


 and as we have 5 Saturdays in this month she is she has kindly agreed to be our
 Guest Designer for this week's challenge!

You may know that Kylie is Australian so in her honour, the challenge is entitled
DOWN UNDER

You may interpret this challenge in any way you choose, but should the link be tenuous,
we would like you to explain the connection to the theme.

We ask that you keep your submission Clean and Simple with lots of white space and
please refer to the guidelines at the top of the blog.

Here's Kylie's super fun, cute and 'outside the box' take on the challenge!

Kylie

 ... and here's what the rest the DT came up with

Sarah

Well my idea of Australia (Down Under) is just One BIG Beach!
So my card uses the Clearly Besotted: On The Beach set, with a sentiment from 
Design a Tree and the Rounded Tag die, also CBS. The die-cut sun is from Lil'Inkers 
and distress inks to create the 'sea' with a  torn frothy / wavy edge. 
The flip-flops are watercoloured with Distress inks and drizzled with glossy accents
and I couldn't resist adding a couple of sequins for added sparkle.

Anita

After struggling with ideas I decided on a surfing theme.  I didn't have anything resembling a surfboard so I popped into MS Word, created an elongated oval with two vertical lines going down the centre, printed it on some patterned paper (Echo Park) and....voila, one surfboard!  I then made a beach scene using a variety of dies.  The sky, sea, sand and sun all started from round dies (MFT) which I then cut using scallop dies (Clearly Besotted) to create the layered up scene.  I nestled the surfboard in between the sand layers, with the top popped up on 3D foam, then adhered the whole circular scene to the card base slightly overlapping the edge, then trimmed off the excess.  I then manipulated the sentiment stamp by Happy Little Stampers into a curve on my acrylic block before stamping around the curve. 

Anne

Kangaroos cut from Silhouette files and inked with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. 
 Freeform cut hillside.  Computer generated sentiment cut with a SU die.
This is simply a copyright free kids colouring page which I downloaded and coloured with alcohol pens. It's accompanied it with a sentiment from HLS Bold Birthday Sentiments and framed it by cutting some card with stitched dies. I don't have a square large enough for the front of this sized card so I used a rectangle and extended the cut to make a square.


We hope you have a blast with this one! Tip out that stash and see what you find!
We can't wait to see your inspiration!


***

5 comments:

  1. Hi from Down Under, mates! All your cards are simply fantastic. Great take on the theme - you are all brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie's card made me giggle, so much fun ..great dt makes...now..what to do with mine? hmmm goodday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the fun theme, I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone comes up with. As usual, I'm not perfectly CAS, but I do love the inspiration! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you again. Unfortunately I had not read properly.
    Great works of the DT team. Greetings Janny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great choices from the DT, this challenge was fun and.....well, challenging. Now, my card will go in my stash of cards waiting to send it to someone who is feeling "under the weather", LOL!! I hope I don't have to, though!!!
    Great inspiration on this gallery.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.